BEST and Fastest DNS Servers For PS4 PS5
Domain Name System or DNS is a system structure that helps the computer to host any name into the IP address. We can call it the telephone book of the internet as it converts all the data into a website’s name for the users to understand.
BEST DNS SERVER For PS4/PS5 2021
Now let’s see the best Domain Name System (DNS) for games are in 2021. We have a lot of options, but we need to see whether the experience is fast, the security is improved and the last is it should be accurate and shouldn’t redirect to some other page.
It is recommended to use Google DNS to get the best performance. It is the best performing and free DNS server worldwide. It also works well on the PlayStation 5 console.
Benefits of DNS Changes when Gaming
DNS servers reduce the traffic by quite a bit, to give us the best possible connection. Additionally, a majority of DNS services are safe and will give us great access to blocked content.
- Connection stability – Changing our DNS settings can provide us with a reliable connection because of how they re-route our traffic.
- Faster loading times – Since we have lower query times, we will experience web pages that load more quickly. We can also reduce ping, jitter, and packet loss.
- Parental Controls – Under the settings, we can use DNS to help us with parental control.
- Better security – We can ensure better security with the use of DNS via firewalls and Phishing protection.
How to check which DNS server is faster?
In Linux, we can user dig command to get the DNS query time. Here is an example of this.
$ dig @126.96.36.199 google.com | grep “Query time:”
;; Query time: 15 msec
$ dig @188.8.131.52 google.com | grep “Query time:”
;; Query time: 289 msec
From here, we can see that the first DNS server is much faster than the second one.
Best DNS Servers List
Provider Primary DNS Secondary DNS
- Google 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Cloudflare DNS 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- SafeDNS 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- DNS Advantage 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- OpenNIC 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- OpenDNS Home 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- Dyn 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- FreeDNS 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- Yandex.DNS 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- DNS.WATCH 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Alternate DNS 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- SmartViper 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
- Verisign 184.108.40.206 220.127.116.11
- Comodo Secure DNS 18.104.22.168 22.214.171.124
- UncensoredDNS 126.96.36.199 188.8.131.52
What is the best DNS for PS4 PS5?
Although there’s no particular DNS that works for everyone. We recommend trying out Google and Cloudflare DNS first. These are some of the best DNS servers for PS4 PS5. The DNS server’s performance varies depending on our location and ISP.
Is it safe to change DNS on PS4 PS5?
It’s completely safe to change our DNS on the PS4 PS5. It won’t harm our PS4 PS5 at all. If we want to revert to our default DNS whenever we want.
Benefits of DNS Servers
Using a custom DNS server on our PS5 can reduce game latency. Gaming consoles benefit from using a custom DNS since it reduces latency.
Here are the main benefits of using DNS servers on our system:
- Changing our DNS settings might help us maintain a stable connection.
- DNS server will give us faster loading times. Because our query times will be shorter, our web pages will load faster. we may also minimize ping, jitter, and packet loss.
- The usage of DNS in conjunction with firewalls and Phishing prevention can help us achieve higher levels of security.
Question: What is the fastest DNS server in the year 2021?
Answer: Google Public DNS, Cloudflare DNS, and OpenDNS are the fastest DNS servers in 2021.
Question: Are there any advantages to using Google DNS when we are playing games?
Answer: It’s a given that Google DNS enhances the gaming experience. It is one of the fastest DNS servers. Many gamers use Google DNS as their Primary DNS server.
Question: Is it safe to alter the DNS settings on the PS5?
Answer: Changing our DNS settings on the Playstation 5 is entirely risk-free. It will have no effect on our Console.
Question: Is it necessary to update the DNS PS5?
Answer: On PS5, changing DNS isn’t essential. If we are having trouble connecting to the internet, try changing the DNS server on our PS5.